Maven Creative was founded in 2008 as a creative agency, full of creative people, built to be a powerful creative partner. For over 9 years, Maven has sought to deliver creativity that inspires, delights, and makes an impact for our customers. We care about our community, we believe relationships really matter, and we understand what it means to serve our clients and serve them well. We love what we do, and it shows in our efforts every single day.
It’s our team that sets us apart. Meet just a sample and you’ll quickly discover this is a brilliant, talented, and versatile group who you’ll love working with and are absolutely committed to delivering your long-term success.
Maven is seeking to enhance their executive team with a Chief Revenue Officer (CRO). We are looking for an exceptional individual to be the primary driver, leader and builder of Maven Creative’s growth. Develop relationships and close new business. Go from Opportunity to Proposal to Contract. Repeat.
The CRO will be entrepreneurial, a senior self-driven leader, who loves to meet and exceed goals. The CRO is our first contact with the market, so they must possess a very high social IQ with even higher standards of character. A problem solver, hunter and closer. Confident and willing to take risks. Never makes excuses and is willing to focus on what can be done, not why it can’t be.
- Create a standardized outreach for current and future clients and coordinate its implementation across sales channels, client management, marketing and communications
- Monitor and develop the revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
- Establish both long-term strategy and short-term results with the executive team, including revenue forecasting
- Monitor the strategies and processes across the revenue cycle from customer acquisition, to engagement, to success
- Develop and implement robust sales management processes – pipeline, account planning, and proposals
- Leverage the large network of existing relationships/rolodex towards business connections/relationships.
- Create accountability within the company by developing appropriate metrics and coordinating compensation and promotions with these metrics. Promote a “skin in the game” compensation strategy.
- Manage internal campaigns and track success/ROI
- Learn about open RFPs and ending AOR relationships.
- Research new and emerging businesses of significance.
- Help lead discovery of new service opportunities outside of requested services.
- Oversee all Channel/Partner Development -- adding new sales channels and 3rd party resellers and partners
- Leverage customer research (quantity and quality) to provide strategic leadership for brand architecture and positioning
- Engage in community relations.
- Drive a “lean startup” style environment of constant experimentation and learning
- Be a brand ambassador.
Be a reason people want to work at Maven and a reason they want to stay at Maven. Collaborate to improve areas of culture, process, and growth.
- Help recruit new team members.
- Add ideas and discussions for improving overall company culture.
- Sit on boards and committees for community and strategic reasons.
- Find and present pro bono opportunities.
- Be an overall Maven brand ambassador to the community.
- Suggest team-building opportunities.
- Find ways to encourage, thank and highlight team members.
- Identify growth opportunities within company.
- Improve proposals and client presentations.
- Develop stronger WOW packages and leave behinds for new clients.
- Help lead monthly team meetings and updates.
- Identity and nurture strategic partnerships.
- Discover new opportunities to inject us into the design and tech community.
- Speak with leadership regarding improving efficiencies, processes, and customer experience.
- Bachelors Degree or greater
- Minimum of 5 years experience in business development role, agency experience a plus
- Large existing client network
- Willingness to travel
- Open to flex schedule and working outside of 9-5