Senior Account Director
The Sr. Account Director is responsible for building, maintaining and managing strong client relationships for the agency. This includes serving all clients current needs and most importantly uncovering strategic new opportunities for revenue growth. The Sr. Account Director should be highly aware of client satisfaction and seeking to proactively remedy issues, while maintaining high standards in managing multiple clients and multiple priorities.
Additionally, the Sr. Account Director ensures projects stay organized, on time and on budget, while effectively communicating expectations to the client. The Sr. Account Director must leverage expert knowledge of our business – providing insights through the lens of agency services that extend value and leadership to the client and create long-term opportunity growth. Finally, the Sr. Account Director will assume a critical role in maintaining a healthy sales pipeline for the agency and be an active monitor of the financial health of the business at large. Lastly this role must lead, monitor and mentor account managers in the director’s department, with the larger goal for growing a larger account team.
- Manage client expectations on timelines and budgets and communicate process at all times.
- Assist with the formulation and support of client strategies and yearly business goals.
- Evaluate client satisfaction through various methods – making sure clients are happy and stay happy.
- Construct proposals including deliverables, estimates, timelines and project terms.
- Ensure that communication between our internal teams flows effectively and that project plans, budgets and deadlines are met.
- Work directly with project management to collaborate on creative briefs, timelines and budgets.
- Run point on client meetings, client conference calls and regular internal and external status calls.
- Ensure invoices are set up properly and in accordance with contract terms.
- Build, execute and store all contracts and SOWs for all projects. Ensure SOW properly protects agency and represents each project deliverables accurately.
- Regularly spend time outside of the office, having face-to-face with our current clients, inactive clients or potential new clients. Seek conversations, network, attend events and discover strategic opportunities that help the agency grow.
- Check in regularly on the effectiveness and outcomes of projects and campaigns.
- Stay involved in community and agency affairs – keep an ear to the ground for opportunities and clients seeking new work.
- Address any possible client escalations reasonably and respectfully.
- Perform new-business responsibilities such as identifying and pursuing leads, presenting capabilities and building proposals and pitches to new business clients.
- Work a minimum of 40+ hours weekly to ensure project flow and proactive client communication remains top priority.
- Generate updated revenue forecasts based upon anticipated client payment schedules and anticipated new work.
- Uncover new opportunities and focus on strategic industries and companies for business development.
- Oversee and manage account management team. Ensure team effectiveness and growth.
- Travel when required to support client initiatives at events, kickoffs, production shoots, meetings, etc.
- Evaluate overall company financial health and weekly present a business development outlook.
- 5+ years of agency experience in account management or business development.
- Leadership and training experience.
- Proven track record of closing business.
- Existing knowledge of branding and advertising industry.
- Experience managing Fortune 1000 level relationships.
- High presentation skills and extreme comfort level with C-level personnel.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- 14 days paid vacation.
- Insurance coverage.
- Great work environment, accommodating and positive leadership.
- Value and appreciation for a healthy work/life balance.
- Weekly team lunch excursions (every Friday), paid for by company.
- Complimentary in-office snacks and beverages.
- Parking paid for by company.
- Occasional travel.
- Fun, upbeat and positive work environment.
- Community activities and event participation.
Use this form to submit your application for the Senior Account Director with Maven, or submit your resume directly to email@example.com